Welcome to Robin Class
Reception Class at Greenfield
Welcome to Robins, where we learn through playing and working together.
There are seven main areas of learning in the Foundation Stage Curriculum, which the children follow: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Mathematics, Literacy, Understanding of the World, and Expressive Arts and Design.
Here are some things you might like to know about our class:
- We practise our phonics, reading, mark-making / writing and mathematics every day.
- We enjoy 'story time' every day.
- We have Collective Worship every day and we follow our school’s values.
- We have PE on a Monday and a Wednesday.
- We learn and practise a print handwriting style to begin with and when we are ready move onto a pre-cursive handwriting style.
- We bring home a new library book every Tuesday or Wednesday. Please share this book with your child and ensure that it is brought into school every day.
- We celebrate successes from time in school and at home through our online learning journey Tapestry.
- We have a home/school communication book. Please ensure that this is sent in to school each day.
If we have not mentioned something you would like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.
We believe that all children have the right to achieve their full potential and should benefit from a wide-ranging curriculum that is differentiated to each child. Our classroom is stimulating and the activities we plan and set out are highly engaging, enabling all children to achieve their best. We work closely with the children’s families, making sure we reflect the children’s beliefs and experiences in our curriculum, working together to ensure the best outcomes.
Class Teachers - Miss A Morgan (Mon-Wed), Mrs J Leaver (Wed-Fri)
Teaching Assistant - Mrs M Butts
Spring 2 - 2024
The focus for this half term has been ‘Toys’ and the Robins have enjoyed learning about different types of toys, old toys and what materials toys are made from. The highlights this half term have been making and playing with peg dolls and sock puppets, and, bringing in their own favourite soft toy to school and having a teddy bears picnic with them.
We have also been learning about the Chinese New Year and as a class treat, enjoyed visiting the Robin’s class ‘Chinese Restaurant’ for a Chinese Feast!
Autumn 2 - 2023
The Robins have really enjoyed learning about different festivals this half term, They have celebrated differences, shown their British values, shared experiences and learnt about the past whilst finding out many facts about Bonfire Night, Remembrance, Diwali, birthdays, Eid al-Fitr and Hanukkah.
They have finished the half term thinking about Christmas, making lots of Christmassy crafts (with sparkles galore) and learning about why we celebrate Christmas. They were all amazing in our Nativity service at Flitton Church. The half term has ended with the treats of a Christmas activity day with the Penguins, a visiting panto in school and eating Christmas lunch whilst wearing our Christmas jumpers.
Autumn 1 - 2023
The Robins have settled in to school life brilliantly, we are so proud of them. They have adapted to new routines, made lots of new friends and enjoyed exploring our indoor and outdoor classroom provisions. The Robins have particularly enjoyed learning about themselves and each other in our Magical Me topic, learning a song and performing it in our Harvest Festival, trying healthy fruits, going on a senses walk around school and PE lessons with Mr Clarke.