Robins - Foundation
WELCOME TO ROBINS CLASS
The Robins are taught by Miss Morgan.
Mrs Butts & Mrs Arnold are the classroom assistants.
We have an open door policy throughout our school and welcome you into our classroom.
We look forward to working with you and your children.
Children join our class in the September after they are 4 years old.
We believe that all children entering our Early Years provision should receive a wide ranging curriculum with good breadth, balance and relevance and differentiated to meet the individual needs of the children. We believe learning should always be motivating and stimulating, generate success, confidence and security. We believe that our links with home should be well prepared to allow for the children’s previous experience and interests to influence the planning of our curriculum and so that our relationship with parents can flourish. We believe in equal opportunities for all children and our entry procedure and Early Years practice reflects this.
We have a rich and stimulating play based environment full of magical celebrations created by the children. Through play children explore and develop learning experiences, which help them make sense of the world. They practice and build up ideas, and learn how to control themselves and understand the need for rules. They have the opportunity to think creatively alongside other children as well as on their own. They communicate with others as they investigate and solve problems.
Here are some of the things you might like to know about Robins Class:
- We join the rest of the school for Collective Worship every day and we follow our school's values as we learn and play together.
- On a Friday morning we are always excited when we use the ICT suite.
- In Robins we enjoy our ‘junk modelling’. If you have any boxes, tubs, tubes, etc. would you please send them into school? Thank you.
- So as we can enjoy playing outdoors whatever the weather please provide suitable outdoor clothes.
- We learn and practise a cursive handwriting style.
- Phonic recognition, high frequency words and reading will be sent home when the children are ready.
- We aim to change library books / reading books twice a week. The days may vary due to our busy timetable so please ensure all books are in the book-bag every day.
- Don't forget to sign the home / school communication diary and add any comments you would like us to know. We find this information very helpful.
- In Robins we have a simple task to complete in our Learning Log every week. Our learning log will come home with us on a Friday and should be handed in on a Wednesday.
- We encourage all our children to be independent so please encourage your child to eat independently with a knife and fork, use the bathroom, dress and undress and do their own coats up.
- We love to know what your child has been doing / learning / celebrating at home. Please complete the 'Robin Slips' and let us know.
Robins Curriculum Map 2019-2020
|Robins - Curriculum Map 2019-2020.pdf||Download|
Robins Curriculum news
|Robins curriculum news Autumn 1.pdf||Download|