Welcome to Robin Class
Reception Class at Greenfield
Welcome to Robin Class, where we learn through playing and working together.
There are seven main areas of learning in the Foundation Stage Curriculum, which the children follow: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Mathematics, Literacy, Understanding of the World, and Expressive Arts and Design.
Here are some things you might like to know about Robin Class:
- We practise our phonics, reading, mark-making / writing and mathematics every day.
- We enjoy 'story time' every day.
- We have Collective Worship every day and we follow our school’s values.
- We have PE on a Tuesday and a Friday.
- We learn and practise a pre-cursive handwriting style.
- We bring home a library book every Monday and Thursday. Please share this book with your child and ensure that it is brought back to school to be changed.
- We have a special board in our classroom to celebrate achievements at home. 'WOW' Robins are sent home to record these achievements.
- We have a simple task to complete in our learning log every week. The children will come home with their learning log on Friday and it should be handed in on Wednesday.
- We have a home/school communication book. Please ensure that this is sent in to school each day.
If we have not mentioned something you would like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.
We believe that all children have the right to achieve their full potential and should benefit from a wide-ranging curriculum that is differentiated to each child. Our classroom is stimulating and the activities we plan and set out are highly engaging, enabling all children to achieve their best. We work closely with the children’s families, making sure we reflect the children’s beliefs and experiences in our curriculum, working together to ensure the best outcomes.
Class Teacher - Miss Morgan
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Butts
Autumn Term 2020
We welcomed all our lovely new Robins in September. It has been delightful to see how well they have settled in to life in school. This half-term we will be busy exploring our topics 'Magical Me' and 'Amazing Autumn'.
Since we returned from half term we have been busy learning about Festivals and Toys. We have enjoyed learning about different festivals and being creative. When learning about toys we loved looking at the old toys and the different materials they were made from. We have begun learning about Christmas, starting with Advent and the meaning behind Advent. We made an Advent Wreath and learnt what each candle on the wreath represents and when they are lit.
Summer Term 2021
Robins have had a fabulous start to the Summer Term! We have learnt all about different minibeasts, we have found out some amazing facts about ladybirds, caterpillars, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, wasps, slugs, snails, spiders and worms! We discovered how important for our world bees and worms were and we have loved learning lots of new things. Did you know bees have pollen pockets on their back legs? Did you know that worms don't have lungs, they use their skin to breathe? We have been fascinated about all the different facts we have learnt.
We were lucky enough to see the lifecycle of a butterfly. We got some tiny caterpillars and watched them grow, turn into cocoons and then into beautiful butterflies. Despite all the rain we have had we managed to find a little sunny spell to release out ladybirds into the garden. All the Robins showed great care for our caterpillars and thoroughly enjoyed watching them change.
All the Robins have worked so hard this half term, we are very proud of everything they have all achieved!