Welcome to Robin Class
Reception Class at Greenfield
Welcome to Robin Class, where we learn through playing and working together.
There are seven main areas of learning in the Foundation Stage Curriculum, which the children follow: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Mathematics, Literacy, Understanding of the World, and Expressive Arts and Design.
Here are some things you might like to know about Robin Class:
- We practise our phonics, reading, mark-making / writing and mathematics every day.
- We enjoy 'story time' every day.
- We have Collective Worship every day and we follow our school’s values.
- We have PE on a Monday and a Friday.
- We learn and practise a pre-cursive handwriting style.
- We bring home a library book every Wednesday. Please share this book with your child and ensure that it is brought back to school to be changed.
- We celebrate successes from time in school and at home through our online learning journey Tapestry.
- We have a simple task to complete in our learning log every week. The children will come home with their learning log on Friday and it should be handed in on Wednesday.
- We have a home/school communication book. Please ensure that this is sent in to school each day.
If we have not mentioned something you would like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.
We believe that all children have the right to achieve their full potential and should benefit from a wide-ranging curriculum that is differentiated to each child. Our classroom is stimulating and the activities we plan and set out are highly engaging, enabling all children to achieve their best. We work closely with the children’s families, making sure we reflect the children’s beliefs and experiences in our curriculum, working together to ensure the best outcomes.
Miss Morgan, Mrs Butts, Mrs Mills and Miss McLennan