Welcome to Robin Class
Reception Class at Greenfield
Welcome to Robin Class, where we learn through playing and working together.
There are seven main areas of learning in the Foundation Stage Curriculum, which the children follow: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Mathematics, Literacy, Understanding of the World, and Expressive Arts and Design.
Here are some things you might like to know about Robin Class:
- We practise our phonics, reading, mark-making / writing and mathematics every day.
- We enjoy 'story time' every day.
- We have Collective Worship every day and we follow our school’s values.
- We have PE on a Monday and a Friday.
- We learn and practise a pre-cursive handwriting style.
- We bring home a library book every Wednesday. Please share this book with your child and ensure that it is brought back to school to be changed.
- We celebrate successes from time in school and at home through our online learning journey Tapestry.
- We have a simple task to complete in our learning log every week. The children will come home with their learning log on Friday and it should be handed in on Wednesday.
- We have a home/school communication book. Please ensure that this is sent in to school each day.
If we have not mentioned something you would like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.
We believe that all children have the right to achieve their full potential and should benefit from a wide-ranging curriculum that is differentiated to each child. Our classroom is stimulating and the activities we plan and set out are highly engaging, enabling all children to achieve their best. We work closely with the children’s families, making sure we reflect the children’s beliefs and experiences in our curriculum, working together to ensure the best outcomes.
Miss Morgan, Mrs Butts, Mrs Mills and Miss McLennan
Autumn Term 1
We have had the most super start to school in Robins! The first half term has been wonderful. All our children have settled beautifully and have worked really hard. We have been very busy learning lots of lovely new things. We discussed some of our favourite parts of Robins so far and we had so many different responses, which was lovely to hear, not only how much the children had enjoyed but also how much memorable learning has taken place. Some of the most common responses were baking, playing marble run, using our lovely new bikes, trikes and scooters, learning a new sound everyday and exploring the maths table. All the grown ups in Robins are extremely proud of how settled and eager to learn all the children have been.
Autumn Term 2
Robins have had another super half term learning about different festivals and celebrations. All the children thoroughly enjoyed learning about Eid Al Fitr, Hanukah, Bonfire Night and Christmas. We shared a lovely book through our topic 'A Little Glow' which showed how different festivals shared the same importance of light. We celebrated Christmas and learnt the meaning behind advent, we even had our own cheeky elf, Elfis, visit to help us count down to Christmas (and cause a little mischief!) To finish off a wonderful half term the children took part in The Nativity and made us all incredibly proud.