CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING
The Academy's Designated Safeguarding Leads are Mrs Jackie Potter for Greenfield School and Mrs Alison Wolfe for Pulloxhill School. Mrs Debbie Drawbridge is the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead for both schools. The Designated Safeguarding Leads take responsibility for safeguarding and child protection, provide support to staff members to carry out their safeguarding duties and liaise closely with other services, such as Children's Social Care. It is the Academy's duty to make referrals about suspected abuse or neglect.
If you have any safeguarding concerns please contact:
Mrs Jackie Potter: Tel No 01525 712426, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Greenfield)
Mrs Alison Wolfe: Tel No 01525 713150, Email: email@example.com (Pulloxhill)
or in their absence:
Mrs Debbie Drawbridge: Tel Nos 01525 712426 or 01525 713150, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director for Child Protection and Safeguarding is Mr Alan Euinton.
The Academy’s mission statement is our gateway to child protection and safeguarding:
'Nurture, Inspire, Flourish’
The strong influence of our values programme is intrinsic to our protection and safeguarding of the children in our care.
At Greenfield & Pulloxhill Academy, we recognise:
- Our statutory duty under Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to ensure that arrangements are in place for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
- Our duty under the Children Act 2004 to work together with other organisations and partners in order to achieve this; and our Common Law duty to protect and keep children safe whilst in our care.
- We fully acknowledge our responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding and recognise that, through our day to day contact with children, school staff are well placed to identify signs of risk and harm.
- We recognise that for children high self-esteem, confidence, risk awareness and good lines of communication help to reduce risks. We recognise that for some children, school may be the only stable, secure and consistent environment in their lives.
- We make all parents aware of the role and responsibilities of the Academy with regard to safeguarding and promoting welfare, and of the existence of the Academy’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy by publishing it here on our website. A copy of this policy is available to parents upon request.
- We aim to provide a safe, secure, inclusive and consistent environment for all our children regardless of age, race, religion/belief, disability, gender, transgender or sexual orientation; one in which they feel safe, supported, valued, respected and listened to.
The attached 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' document underpins child protection and safeguarding across the Academy.
The Childline website is accessible at https://www.childline.org.uk The ChildLine Tel No is 0800 1111.
Mrs Jackie Potter and Mrs Alison Wolfe are the Designated Teachers for 'looked after' and previously 'looked after' children for Greenfield and Pulloxhill respectively.
We participate in 'Operation Encompass', which is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child has experienced or been exposed to any domestic abuse. In such a circumstance, Mrs Jackie Potter or Mrs Alison Wolfe liaise with the police and use the information that has been shared, in confidence, while ensuring that school is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been experienced a domestic abuse incident. We are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe that participating in Operation Encompass will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.
PLEASE SEE OUR WELL-BEING PAGE FOR SOME USEFUL CONTACTS